10 Years Ago...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Monday, April 11, 2005 -- Telegareth
Legacy of Steel is still going strong. After the previous WoW and EQ2 losses, I've found that most guilds are in a state of rebuilding and/or stagnation. While some will wither and die, we here at Evil Empire, Inc. won't let a little thing like small raid numbers hold us back.
After being the first guild on server in Anguish back in October, it's been quite some time getting everyone flagged back into Anguish so we can do some damage to the mobs there. Needless to say, after some rebuilding, it didn't take us long to fire up the old John Deer and begin to farm our good friends Ture, Harrier, and Hanvar. But we aren't just harvesting from Anguish, oh no. There is this whole new Dragons of Norrath expansion to plow through as well. From everyone here at Legacy of Steel, we would like to say "You are welcome" to The Nameless for opening up the Nest for your xp needs.
I'd show pictures, but html is still > me, anyone know a good free html editor? email me and let me know.
At any rate, as i've been looking over the class re-invisioning and peeking at different class' top-ten lists, i've come to the conclusion that there isn't a "Game-wide" top ten list. Seeing as how everyone will have different things that should be on that list, I've decided to offer my own, Top Five list of things that I feel should be addressed, sooner rather than later.
Tele's Top Five Fixes:
1. After five years, i've really always wondered why I must loot each individual item on my corpse. It's highly annoying, can't say that it serves much purpose other than to annoy me.
2. If I can add someone to an expedition across zones, and I can add someone to a task across zones, don't you think it's time i should be able to invite someone to a group or a raid across zones?
3. Along with #2 above, if i can invite a person across zones, wouldn't it be nice if a mage could "Call of the Hero" across zones? Make it an AA ability with 30-minute recast or something, would be nice to add those latecomers to raids without having to resort to super raid gymnastics.
4. I'd like to see more encounters designed with class balance in mind, not make encounters where some raid members are better off just standing around waiting for loot to be called. You want this to be fun, so let everyone have fun, not just a specific few, while the rest miraculously transform into cheerleaders. I can't find the "Summon: Pom-pom" item in game yet.
5. Change the dartboard used for itemization these days. I think there is a magnet behind the "3".
That's it for this update, join us next time when hopefully i'll have mastered the use of pictures! I've given up hope on the english language or grammar, so no need to worry about those anymore.
Welcome to the LoS website.Over the past 10 years this site has gone through a variety of owners, servers, and hosting sites. In fact it would most likely be completely gone if it weren't for some luck. A while ago I was traveling for business and while hanging in my hotel room for some unknown reason I decided to look at the old LoS site. While there I was hit by a strange feeling that it would really suck if the site were ever to completely disappear and so I fired up Teleport Pro and made a copy of the site on my laptop.
Well it turned out to be fortunate as a few months later the site disappeared from the web. A number of things collided. No one was really watching the site, the domain legacyofsteel.net went up for auction, and the hosting site was unresponsive to inquiries by former site admins to get at the actual data.
So when the site disappeared I checked around and found that legacyofsteel.net was up for auction. I got in a minor bidding war but luckily no one out there thought it was worth more than a couple hundred bucks.
Unfortunately this site was created 10 years ago in a variety of free html editing programs, text editors, and god knows what else. That any browser could display this steaming pile is a testament to the html leeway provided by modern browser software. On top of that in order to attempt to recreate it I've had to rely on files created by Teleport Pro (which does as good a job as you can).
I've tried to maintain the look and feel of the last known incarnation of the site yet updated portions for easier use. For instance, the galleries and archives have been updated for better browsing.
So maybe it was ridiculous putting all the time in to clean up this PoS, but here's the deal. Much like your friends from high school or college, my EQ guildmates are friends you rarely see but when you do you pick up right where you left off. So I look forward to sharing a beer with many of them over the years to come and yes we were geeks. Yes, you can say "Nerd Alert" all you want but before most people ever heard the term MMORPG or Wow or any of the others...
we slew dragons.
--Adorean Lew,Master of the Arcane,"Port Bitch"