Demitasse, Demiglaze, Demiplane..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Sunday, December 4, 2005 -- Telegareth
Yes, It has only been a week since the previous update, but then again, we have done some things this week that merit an update. You see, we've been hammering away at the Demiplane of Blood all week, working our way through Tier 1. Through the boredom of some encounters to the poor pathing of others, one could say that at least it is an exact copy of a previous zone, but I'm not going to get into that ball of wax.
Research and Development hasn't let us down in this zone yet, as we have been able to come up with the required strategies to down two new mobs in this zone.
Those feet belong to Hatchet the Torturer, who oddly enough closely resembles a few mobs we have seen before in EverQuest. The feet shot is directly due to the "Push" experiment gone extremely wrong and the tendency for this mob-type to fall forwards when dead. I'll try to get a full body shot next time, promise.
But that's not all we've done. There are three sisters who are all fighting for the attention of "The Master" who we wanted to play with as well. I'm not sold on this encounter, it's fairly easy once you get the gist of it, the hardest part is keeping the raid focus somewhere other than on their Televisions while this thing is going on. It is a new type of encounter, and one I'm not terribly excited about, to be honest.
So, those three girls were backstabbing each other trying to win the favor of the Master. Is it just me, or do you think that some of the developers need to find a date a little more often?
At any rate, we were able to acquire some new goodies from our past week's endeavors.
Tele's Top Five:
1. Add more people to doing itemization. It's becoming more and more clear that the copy/paste button is being severely overused.
2. New Character Animations! Outsource it to someone who has the manpower to do it. I hate copouts...
3. Demi-Plane of Blood is a letdown after the rest of the expansion has been experienced. Either Dreadspire Keep shouldn't have been put in at all, or Demi-Plane of Blood should have been a different zone graphically. Although I have to admit it was a very skillful way to re-use old mob models.
4. The new spell research is annoying and totally un-fun. I mean, 5 sub-combines to even clean a piece of parchment is obnoxious. Whoever thought this would be cool probably still builds model airplanes....
5. For the love of whatever deity you worship make the target box on corpses larger. Yes, your mobs look neato, all 5 9 of them, but when they are dead, and I go to loot the body, I'm sick and tired of having to run around so i can click on the soles of feet or on the crotch to be able to get anything off the bod. Do all mobs hide their cash and goodies in their crotches? Killing a mob is less stressful than finding the correct spot on a corpse to click to get the loot. Something is amiss here and needs to be fixed.
Got anything you would like to share for the Top Five list? email Telegareth or go visit our boards and post something for me and I'll keep it for the next update list.
Huge thanks to the awesome people at Bizfu....